A Contractual Security Guard is responsible for:
1. Guarding buildings, grounds, parking areas on campus
2. Performing watch posts and periodic rounds inside and outside of the college’s facilities
3. Performing key tours and building checks
4. Maintaining logs for visitors and personnel
5. Posting flags and related duties
6. Enforcing agency rules and regulations
7. Patrolling campuses, reporting suspected crimes, accidents or questionable or suspicious situations and activities
8. Writing detailed reports
9. Issuing College ID’s and assists with basic office functions operating equipment such as telephones and copiers
10. Sending and receiving radio communications including serving as a dispatcher as required
11. Performing parking enforcement and traffic control functions
12. Answering and resetting fire alarms
13. Providing occasional driving services
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.