About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
The Transfer Service Specialist serves as an advocate for transfer students in an effort to eliminate barriers to the transfer process. This position is responsible for communicating and collaborating with 4-year colleges and universities to ensure a seamless
transfer for all BCCC students. The position specifically serves as an advisor working with students transferring to the 4-year university. Responsible for maintaining the Articulation System for Maryland Colleges and University (ARTSYS) for advising purposes
for transfer students. Oversees the implementation of the reverse transfer process for BCCC, to include marketing, and tracking students through completion. Serves as the primary point of contact and advisor for BCCC students transferring to other institutions.
Transfer - Advising
• Implements articulation agreements between four-year colleges and universities;
• Ensure accuracy of program information for associate degree and certificate programs;
• Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to establish transfer plans;
• Cultivates working relationships with college and university transfer representatives;
• Oversee the collection, maintenance and analysis of transfer data and records;
• Ensure regular and on-going student advisement regarding articulations, new and deleted programs and courses;
• Manages BCCC information in ARTSYS;
• Maintains a positive relationship with college partners in an effort to eliminate barriers to the transfer process;
• Serves as a liaison between community college partners and MHEC offices or academic departments as needed while scheduling visits with 4 year colleges/universities;
• Serves as advocate for transfer students on the campus, partnering 4-year colleges within the University of Maryland (UMS) System in an effort to create and maintain a seamless transfer process;
• Serves to enhance access to higher education resources for transfer students, administrators and advisors via the ARTSYS website by maintaining websites for Transfer Articulation, the development and update to a BCCC Transfer Guide on an as needed basis;
• Maintains existing transfer agreements with partnering 4-year colleges/universities as needed or requested;
• Coordinates with academic departments on transfer course equivalencies while maintaining knowledge of all BCCC majors and concentrations;
• Communicates with partnering 4 year colleges/universities.
• Assist with daily maintenance and updates for the BCCC Articulation and Transfer webpage.
• Consistency and integrity of transfer services print materials;
• Coordinates the data collection and dissemination of transfer services information in the College catalog, course schedule book, brochures, newsletters and other print material;
• Partners with internal and external constituents to identify feasible markets to promote transfer services for student success;
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Maintain and update program and course in ARTSYS
• Maintains current with ARTSYS database system
• Maintain relationships with community college and 4 year institutions constituents to remain current with COMAR, MHEC, and other policy regulations.
• Works to ensure compliance with all transfer articulation standards and goals.
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK)
• Serves as the BCCC PTK representative and PTK mentor.
• Ensures that PTK students maintain active membership with the national organization.
• Ensures that BCCC PTK students are engaged and represented in the Maryland dinner.
• Works directly with PTK students to ensure that transfer options and scholarships are made available as appropriate.
• Develops and launches two annual internal transfer day events (summer and fall).
• Attends transfer days around the state to ensure that BCCC is visible in the transfer events.
• Maintain a student data base of transfer students and universities.
• Develops and disseminates reports for transfer students.
• Manages logistical arrangements for meetings, site visits and events;
• Develops and launches regular events to promote transfer services;
• Attends meetings and prepares and distributes detailed reports;
• Communicates with a wide variety of stakeholders including internal and external partners and the public to provide information, resolve issues or respond to inquiries regarding the activities, projects and initiatives within the office;
• Contacts various constituents to solicit required documentation, information and providing follow-up as needed;
• Prepares transfer service information for college catalog, course schedule book, web pages, brochures, newsletters, and other publications as necessary;
• Prepares and distributes materials and information to assist in effective communication of office priorities, activities, requests and status of projects;
• Composes communications to provide or request information needed for effective development and management of transfer services.
Bachelor’s degree is required.
Three (3) years’ experience working with students in an academic setting.
Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
Three (3) years’ experience working in higher education with admission, registration, transfer, advising, placement, general education, and or graduation policies and procedures.
Experience planning student events.
Experience working with ARTSYS.
Experience working with Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) honor society.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu.