1. Operate passenger shuttle on a scheduled route from campus to off--campus locations.
2. Operate bus on special trips as scheduled.
3. Perform daily inspections as required. Fill gas tank when needed.
4. Promptly report maintenance issues.
5. Assist handicapped passengers on and off of vehicle, ensuring safe transport.
6. Keep record of passenger numbers and/or log--book as required.
7. Perform related duties as required
Minimum Education and Training Requirements:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
This position typically works outdoors in a variety of weather conditions. Work involves minimal risk and observance of safety precautions typical of operating a motor vehicle.
The work entails sitting for extended periods and frequently standing, walking, bending, stooping and reaching. Work requires eye-hand coordination, manual dexterity, near vision acuity, and the ability to see and read printed material and operate a motor vehicle.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410-209-6007.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.