An Adjunct Faculty in Nursing is responsible for:
1. Based on master syllabus, design and teach assigned class session(s), leveraging digital content and multi-media resources in the classroom.
2. Assess student engagement/understanding during each class session and throughout the semester
3. Collect, grade, and report assignments and homework
4. Maintain and update the syllabus and course materials and make sure they are available through the College’s Learning Management System
5. Advise learners in ways to help them meet their educational goals
6. Use a variety of strategies to assess and evaluate learning.
7. Provide timely, thoughtful and constructive feedback to learners
Employees in this classification receive supervision from the Associate Dean of Nursing.
Position Specific Requirement
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410-209-6007.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.